Sunday, June 2, 2013

"The Best Decision of my Life"


The day I signed up for CrossFit three people told me that it would be the best decision I’d ever made… I’m not ready to confirm this, but that is a hell of a testimony to it if you ask me. Losing weight is tough… But lately, it’s the easiest decision I’ve ever made.

Last summer, I watched my uncle’s diabetes infect his entire body, & eventually take his life. He struggled with his weight for as long as I remember, but in his later years he slowly got worse & worse to the point that he had to have his leg amputated because the infection was so bad. This was an eye opener for me. I do not have diabetes but I am pre-diabetic. This is something that I never want to be diagnosed with & I hope to lose this weight before I see that day, because at this point, it isn’t far off.

Eating is a huge part of my life, not just as a necessity. For me, it’s an outlet, a comfort, a pleasure, a pastime, almost a hobby. In the moment, it is really hard to overcome my temptations… But if I can just take 10 seconds to think about the decision, my conclusion is always the same…

Do I want this coke, or do I want to be on medicine my whole life?
Do I want this ice cream, or do I want to shop at Forever 21?
Do I want hot wings, or do I want to go on an airplane without asking for a seatbelt extender?

The list goes on…

This is honestly the hardest thing I’ve ever set my mind on doing, but it is the easiest choice I’ve ever made.

Here’s to a healthy future…

No comments:

Post a Comment