Thursday, June 20, 2013

More Than A Reflection

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Are you proud of what you see? Do you criticize yourself?

Ever since I started CrossFit, I see a girl that is getting healthier, skinnier, stronger. A girl that has put her past behind her & is making efforts for the better.

Today was different. 

CrossFit is going great, I love it. My day seems incomplete without it, but working out isn't even half of it. What about nutrition..? 

This week my eating plans have gone out the window, from KFC to ice-cream to pizza, I haven't made a single good choice and I feel like crap.
Emotionally i've been on edge, & not being able to cope with my emotions is why I'm where I'm at today. There are times when I feel like I'm trying to fill a gaping whole in my heart with food. But I promise you, it never works. There is a temporary taste that makes you happy, but at the end of the day when it's all said and done, you realize you're lonely. Food cannot be your friend, your lover, your savior. I say this more for myself than for you. Somehow it never seems to stick. Fat lasts longer than flavor, my friend. 

It was scary when I added up my calories for the week and I ate almost as much as my goal was to eat in a month. Ahhh, so embarrassing. 

When I looked in the mirror today I saw a girl that was damaged from her past. One that wanted to just go to sleep. One that was worried she'd live in her parent's basement her whole life, slowly growing in size.

I refuse to be THAT girl. I said this before and I'll say it a million more times. 

If I can stick to something as hard as CrossFit, I can stick to something like this. 

Keep calm Elizabeth. && AVOID junk food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment