Thursday, June 13, 2013

Peas & Chipmunks

Do you love food? I know I sure as heck do! That's why I am where I'm at, right? 

So here's the low down… I know I've talked a ton about CrossFit & working out, but where does my diet fall into all of this?

Well I can tell you this, I've lost 10 pounds, so I must be doing something right, eh?

After reading (most of) Robb Wolf's "Paleo Diet" I was pretty convinced, that's the way to go! But more recently, after talking to my parents & Doc, I've decided to truly focus on just eating under 1200 calories a day. I have absolutely nothing against the Paleo diet, but as someone who's really trying to shed some pounds, food intake is key. 
I can honestly tell you though, the days I've done Paleo, I felt a million times better. So I'd recommend it to anyone.

So yesterday I had about 1139 calories… Cutting it close right?

Just a random thought… My cat ate 4 chipmunks last night… I wonder who had more calories?
A chipmunks 165 calories… sooo 4 of those would be 600… She wins, but I'm pretty sure she gets less than me to start!



Anywho… As a calorie counter, I thought I'd share 3 foods I can't diet without. Here we go!
Please consider that I'm a student, working full time, so most of my favorites are great on the go snacks…
Great snacks to put in your purse!
To be fair,  there are quite a few foods I struggle avoiding when I'm on a diet… Oh the temptations…

My biggest temptations!

Today on my way back from CrossFit I almost stopped & got a slurpee.. Oh, how good it sounded! But just in time my pops called me & reminded me of 80/20. (80% in the kitchen, 20% workout). What you eat is seriously the main contributor to whether or not you lose weight.

So it's shy of 7AM. Early I know… I had the worst time going to sleep last night & I had to get up at 4:50AM to make it to the 5:30 workout. 

Mary was the coach this morning. She's pretty cool I reckon but it was hard because she wasn't familiar with what I could and couldn't do. I also felt like she totally underestimated my strength! She was one of the better trainers I've had as far as explaining how to do things. She definitely played the best music! The only way someone could beat her music is if they played country :p Rich played Sweet Home Alabama the other day, & you know I love that! 

On the down side this morning I can hardly walk without crying. My knee feels like all the "bolts" are loose. I was hoping to make it to the class this afternoon… But with this pain, I'm not sure if that'll happen :/ Icing them with frozen peas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment