Monday, May 25, 2015

What it Means to be Normal (5 MONTH PROGRESS PICS)

This week has been amazing; rest, recuperation, family, sleeping in, quality time with my favorite dog… It’s been exactly what I’ve needed.

Earlier this week I wrote about what I’m doing to stay on program, but what I haven’t told you is the way this week has made me feel.

For the longest time my “normal” consisted of struggling to get by in school, working in food service, lifting weights, eating fast food, and isolating myself.

I’ve always considered myself a fairly confident person, but during my last few months before LIFE, I found myself in a pool of self-loathing.

I didn't want to go anywhere, even church. I avoided places with people that knew me for a long time because I was ashamed of my constant roller coaster of weight loss and gain. It seemed like everyone had their shit together but me. High school friends were graduating college, getting married, and even having kids. There I was, struggling to find what I wanted in my future, living in my parents’ basement, and eating my life away.

Believe me, I was never happy with my situation but the problem was, I had no way to get out of it. Live in Fitness™ gave me that way out.

This week, normal has been enjoying shopping with my family, and even feeling good about what I tried on. It’s going for long walks and my feet not hurting. It’s going to a movie and not buying popcorn and candy. It’s eating for fuel, not comfort. It’s working out a couple hours a day, feeling good about yourself and then having the rest of the day to be happy. It’s throwing the ball with my dog outside in the sun, not binge watching Netflix alone in my room.



I have 4 more months at Live in Fitness™ and I’m so excited, because they are giving me my life back, the life I should experience, a happy one. Every pound I’ve lost has given me one more ounce of confidence. I don't know where I’ll be after this summer, but I won’t be sleeping my life away. I do know that I’ll be enjoying a free, active lifestyle filled with biking, running, friends, and sunshine.

Have a great week friends!
- E

Also, here are my 5 month progress pictures. The first was taken January 4th, the second March 30th, and the third May 25th!




No comments:

Post a Comment