Tuesday, June 4, 2013

They Say I'm Crazy...

I set my alarm for 4:03AM because I knew it would take quite awhile to get me out of bed.
*DISMISS*
I rolled over & fell back asleep. Thank goodness for my second alarm that went off at 4:36AM...
*SNOOZE*
Ughh, I just don't want to get out of bed! Especially since I didn't even go to bed until 1:00AM.
Around 4:43AM I decided that I am more likely to regret not going than I am to regret going
I scurried upstairs (yes, I said scurried) to take a quick shower & get out the door. I grabbed a bag of apple slices on my way out, fed that cat, & drove a little (or a lot) over the speed limit to get to Auburn.

This morning I met a new to me trainer, Jayce. He's pretty cool, mostly because he gives high-fives. I had just been waiting to get a high five ever since I joined CrossFit. As weird as it is, there's something accomplishing about it, something that makes you smile. 

The WOD (Workout of the Day) was:
Front Squat



Strength: Front Squat 5 x 1
WOD: 3 rounds
Run 400m
15 Chest to Bar Pull Ups
15 Deadlifts

The front squat was challenging to say the least, we did 5 rounds of only 1 rep (which means you basically want to lift as much as you can). Each round Jayce made me add a little more. The most I lifted was 150lbs. Pretty good, eh?

The run killed me as always.... 
My pull-ups were pretty legit this morning. I did them faster than usual.
My deadlifts were challenging but my form definitely could use some work.

Following the workout I went home, slept for 2 hours, woke up, took a much needed shower, found my cat eating a chipmunk, rushed to work, made ham sandwiches for 4 hours, rushed to the church, worked on the bulletin for 3 hours, & this is why they call me crazy...

From there I decided to go back to CrossFit & do the WOD all over again.
There were brief moments I wished I wasn't there, but as Sean reminded me, I chose to be there. I'm choosing to work this hard. I'm choosing this lifestyle. 

I maxed out at 165lbs (15 more than the morning)
I did the workout 1 minute faster than I had in the morning.

I'm proud that I did both. From the blisters on my hands, the pain in my feet, the bruises on my shoulders, to the constantly sore quads... I'm proud of it all. It's the best pain I've ever felt.

They say I'm crazy, but I prefer the term dedicated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment