Saturday, June 8, 2013

Me & Jesus



To those who are still reading this blog after two terrible days of me whining... Thank you. Friday night was significantly better. I've calmed down, refocused, and persevered. 

I did do the WOD yesterday, even though I told myself I wouldn't. I actually physically tried to sleep through it because I know I need to take a break. I went to sleep around 4PM after a long days work, and didn't set an alarm. I guess around 5:30 my body knew it was CrossFit time. As funny as this is, (and I'll never admit this out loud) but I'm kind of diggin CrossFit. If there's a class, and I'm not working, there's no place I'd rather be.

Today I made up for it by taking the day off, sleeping in till noon, & creating my blogs “new look.”

Since I started this journey two weeks ago, I've failed to shine light on the most important reason for my hopefulness, dedication, positive attitude, and faith that this will work. I don't want to downplay the amazing contribution of my trainers, Sean & Doc, my parents & their words of wisdom, my readers & their inspiring messages & support, or my own awesome abilities. But without my faith in God & my belief in the power of prayer, would I have even made it this far.

There has not been a training session to date, that I haven't prayed before going. When I was in the process of getting cleared for bariatric surgery last month, I prayed for God to let me know whether or not that was the right decision for me. I have no doubt that my weight-loss journey along with the help of CrossFit Glory is a gift from Him. I have been blessed with a comfortable atmosphere, amazing trainers, and friendly people. When I began my CrossFit journey, a friend told me the best decision you can make, is joining a box that feels like home. God has blessed me with just that.

Last summer, my dad gave me the idea to put Philippians 4:13 on all of my shoes. That way when preparing for each workout session I am reminded of the strength that God has provided me with. Now I literally walk with God wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment