Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Day I Decided To Change My Life... Again.

They say once you hit rock bottom, the only way you can go is up. This is true, but only you can decide when rock bottom hits.

When it comes to my health, I have hit MY rock bottom. Weighing in at my heaviest ever, I have been at a loss for words. In the last month, several things have happened that completely wrecked my heart. But one topped it all off….

I constantly lessen the issue of my weight by persuading myself that my weight does not affect my lifting. It makes me feel better about it… But then I was checking out the rankings in my weight class on the USAW website & I was faced with the harsh truth.


 I am the fattest girl that has competed in the past year. And the third since 1999. That is NOT a record I want.

I broke down. I cried. And I decided that I had to make a change. A BIG ONE.

A few weeks ago I was presented with an opportunity, an opportunity to go away to a weightloss program and completely change my life.

After 7 days of draining research, I decided to go.

A couple days later we traded in my car and I packed my life up into boxes.

Now I sit here, writing to you from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

I have been here a little over a week and have enjoyed almost every second! The workouts are long and hard, the food is amazing, and the people are slowly becoming some of my closest friends.



I can’t wait to share with you my stories and success along this journey. You’ve come with me this far, so hang on, this will be a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

  1. Remember to look in the mirror, smile, and show off those pearly white teeth! Then tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS!"

    ReplyDelete