Sunday, June 23, 2013

1 Month Down, Woohoo!

Today marks one month since I joined CrossFit Glory, 10 pounds lost, countless WODs completed, and a whole lot of gained self confidence.  What a month it has been! 

21 days ago today, I attended my first group class. My dad always tells me that it takes 21 days to build a habit & I definitely have done just that. Going to CrossFit is a built in part of my life and I really can't imagine my day without it. 

It has been challenging mentally & physically. Convincing myself to just get up & go everyday was the hardest part but eventually I just would, no thinking about it. Convincing myself that I don't need to scale some workouts was hard but most of all, convincing myself that I can do this was hard. But now, there's not a doubt in my mind that I can do this, I will lose this weight. 

If I lose 10 pounds a month for the next 11 months, imagine how great I'll look at my brothers wedding. I definitely won't be avoiding the dance floor as usual & I'll look dang good in that bridesmaid dress! It's things like this that make me smile, to picture myself even happier, even more confident.

As my first month comes to an end, I have been reflecting on what I need to change and what I need to be doing to step it up on my weight loss journey. As I've mentioned before, the eating part is so difficult. I've cried so many times because of the frustration of it all. From the food at work to junk food at the gas station, temptations are all around me. 


So I've decided to give myself a 21 day challenge. For just 21 days I am going to stick to eating under 1200 calories a day. No exceptions. No cokes, no junk food, no matter how bad I want it. I know I will feel so much better  by the end.

This is definitely a learning experience and an emotional roller coaster, but I couldn't do it without all of the positive encouragement. I don't want to sound sappy, but it's so true. From the comments on my Facebook, to the messages, to the countless emails, text messages, & phone calls. You all have been so encouraging!!! My dad has been there every step of the way & has served as the best support system possible. Most importantly I couldn't have asked for better trainers. Sean & Doc. Sean is the best trainer I've ever had. He's so great at helping me through each workout, being positive, and pushing me when I need it. Doc, you're more than a trainer. You're a friend, a role model, a mentor, and help me to believe that my goals are achievable. Thank you all!

Here's to month 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment