Saturday, June 29, 2013

What Are You Waiting For?

Because you said you'd
start yesterday...
How often do you have really good intentions and swear to yourself that you'll start tomorrow? For me, that's exactly how my diet goes... usually.

I know I blogged last week and said I was starting my 21 day diet, but guess what... Every day I told myself I'd start tomorrow. I'd start off the day strong, have one little slip up & throw the rest of the day down the drain.

A few days ago Rich gave me a book (maybe from last century) with 30 days of meals under 1000 calories. Whew! That's not very many calories... Today I woke up & decided that today was the day I'd start. I prepared my breakfast:

1 egg
1 slice of bread
1 tbsp of jelly
1/2 cup of apple juice

Surprisingly, it was the perfect amount. I got through CrossFit with plenty of energy & I killed the workout by the way. I finished 100 thrusters & 100 push-ups in 13:31. Can I get a woohoo? (No? Ok...)

Trying cottage cheese
for the first time.
Then I got to work & planned to have a summer salad for lunch, but agh, I was just craving the chipotle turkey club. (If you haven't been to Honey Baked Ham lately, that's our special, so come try it!) I convinced myself that eating a sandwich wouldn't be the end of the world... After all, I had a killer workout. So I settled on the roast beef round up with baked chips... Which, after doing the math came out to about 800 calories... Not my best decision. But instead of blowing it off and moving my start date to tomorrow, I'm adjusting & finishing today strong. I decided to have a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese for dinner. That's it. I had never had cottage cheese before, but it's surprisingly very good!

So if I can give one word of advice to you... Start your goals today!!! Whether it's building the habit of reading, spending extra time with a friend who needs it, calling your grandma, or working out like me, get to it! There's no point in waiting...

Keep an eye out for tomorrow's blog: CrossFit from my momma's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment