Monday, June 3, 2013

My First Group Class!

First group class: check! 
Ahem, ladies & gentleman... May I have your attention please? I did it! I worked up the courage to go to my first group class! I am pretty content with the way it went.. Although, I was pretty embarrassed at times.

On my drive over, I looked online & saw that we'd be doing 5 rounds of 400m runs... I wanted to turn around instantly, but I didn't. My workout ended up being scaled to 3 rounds but it was still hard work! I was so so thankful because Sean (my trainer), ran with me! That meant soooo much, especially on my first day. Everyone was friendly & rooted me on, which definitely eased the nerves a little bit.

Doc was there too which was nice to see a familiar face (: After the running, which was painful considering I had been working on my feet for the prior 8 hours, we started our beginners class.


We did squats... lots & lots of them. But what else is new?

I did learn a new move called the Sumo.... something.... deadlift. I can't remember! But it was pretty intense. We also did the over head squat that I learned last week. Doc had told me that I put too much weight on my toes, so I focused on being on my heels, & I fell over backwards! Guess I over corrected on that one :p

Then Sean told us that we'd be doing box jumps... I was about as nervous as a deer on the firing range. Because if you know one thing about me, it's that I hate jumping. I couldn't keep up very well, but I was proud of the amount I did, because as a personal accomplishment, I did great (:


All the people in my class were about my age which was comforting, but also made it a little harder. It's hard to open up when you're self conscious to be there.. Here is the emotionally draining part of being overweight.. Every time you walk in a room, you gage everyone else’s physique. Are they skinny? Are they fat? Am I the fattest person in the room? When I’m around others I feel constantly judged, whether I am or not.. I wish people knew that I really am trying to change my life.


The hard part of that though, is that I get so down on myself when I slip up. Today at work I had a coke… I was going on 6 hours and was worn out, I felt like I just needed the caffeine. I don't want you all to think I'm 100% on board with this new lifestyle change or that I don't slip up often. Eating Paleo is going to be extremely difficult but the days that I've done it, I've felt significantly better. Sometimes I wonder why I even go off plan? Every time I eat something fattening, full of carbs or sugar, I feel like crap within the hour. Why do I do this to myself? Like I said yesterday, my life, my future, are worth so much more.

Goodnight, folks. Somehow I managed to promise I'd be at CrossFit Glory for the 5:30AM workout. Say a little prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment