Saturday, June 15, 2013

Terribly Awesome


When I first started CrossFit my biggest concern was that I'd be the fattest person at the gym… Well, guess what? I am. 

I am the fattest, slowest, (not the weakest), girl at CrossFit. And I'm okay with that!

Today as I was running I found myself thinking things like:
"That tall guy is really fast." or….
"The guy with the birthmark is working really hard." or….
"That hott old guy is a beast." or....
"I wish I could do pull ups like that skinny girl" 

I have no doubt that people who don't know my name think of me as "the overweight girl." But as long as that's followed by the thought, "she's been working hard." I really don't care. 

I say this only because I am working really hard. I have no reason to care what anyone else thinks. As long as I'm better than I was yesterday, I'm happy. I am only competing against myself.

Doing the "beached whale"

So I've lost 10 pounds. I feel better. I feel healthier. I'm stronger and I'm faster. I still feel big. I still feel like a beached whale every time we do stuff on the floor. But things are getting better. One thing I remind myself of is slow progress is still progress. Don't forget that!

There are things about my weight loss journey that I will never fully be able to portray to you. The importance of it will never really be depicted. But I'm doing the best I can. 

Recently people have told me I'm becoming obsessed or addicted to CrossFit. I have heard that countless times from almost everyone in my life. Well if this is what it takes to get to where I want to be, then call me addicted. 

In the last two days I've done lots of running. Each workout probably had close to 1.5 miles. I hate the running almost as much as I hate jumping (& we all know how I feel about jiggly jumping).

Unfortunately I inspired an Indian run today with my confusion yesterday. I didn't anticipate it being so terrible until I realized I had to run it with really fit people. Boy did I drop out of that one fast! && that was just the warmup.

So today I ran 1000 meters, did 60 American kettle bell swings (Which are much harder than the turkish ones… maybe it's Russian.. hmm?) & 30 pull-ups. (Im still doing jumping pull-ups but they sure are getting easy.) << Hopefully my trainers don't see that! 

We finished the WOD today with some ball slams & some pushups. Fun stuff people.
Doing some super hulk-like ball slams.

When I got home I told my dad it was "terribly awesome" (as I limped into the room) because it was sure terrible…. but there has yet to be a WOD that I didn't find more awesome.

Happy Saturday folks, be active.

No comments:

Post a Comment