Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Walking On Sunshine, Whoaaaaaa.


Happy Tuesday!

It's my favorite day of the week & today was great.

I got my new cell phone in the mail, had a great day of work, didn't completely bomb my history test, & topped it all off with a super fun WOD. 

& Before I go any farther, let me point out that we got to workout to country music today!! Thank you, Sean. 

Today's WOD didn't really seem like a WOD… but it was still hard work.
We did the following:
1 snatch every 45 seconds for 30 rounds. 

Sound easy, right?
By the end I could hardly do it! I even fell over once.

Let me just take a second to really tell you how great it is to work out somewhere that the people really encourage you. Yesterday, I was really struggling, I was falling behind, & pretty much everyone else was done. But nobody left, nobody started to clean up. They stood near by & cheered us on. Do you know how amazing that is? It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. 

3 weeks ago I was afraid that no one would even accept me, that people would write me off as the fat girl. It hasn't even been a month & I already feel like I belong. That is something great about CrossFit Glory. It's not like your common gym where you just do your thing & go home without saying anything to anyone. It's awesome because everyone wants everyone to succeed. 

I know as well as anyone that losing weight is hard. As a woman, I know looking your best is important && as a pre-diabetic, I know how scary it is for your health to be out of control. I've tried everything from not eating, to diet pills, to weight watchers, to other diets. Let me tell you one thing… You don't need diet pills, slimming drinks, or weight loss gadgets… All you need are running shoes, a sports bra, & determination. 

If you're wondering if CrossFit is for you… There is no reason to not give it a shot. If you're one of my Michigan readers, CrossFit Glory is amazing and has a free class every Saturday at 10AM. If you're an Alabama reader, check out these boxes below… I know people that go to each & I know they'd love to have you! 

Montgomery, AL - CrossFit 2L2Q
Birmingham, AL - CrossFit Rebellion
Decatur, AL - CrossFit Protocol

If you're not in either of those places, I really encourage you to find a box near you. You won't regret it!

On a different note,

I want you all to know how much I enjoy writing this blog & how much yall's encouragement has helped me. The support has been overwhelming! Whether it was finding me at church on Sunday to let me know how much you love to read it, letting me know at the gym how inspiring it is, or shooting me a quick text to say keep it up, I am thankful for it all.

God Bless!

P.S. My oh so great friend made a bet with me this week, that if I don't get 8 workouts in, I have to post a super embarrassing video of me singing. (A video that should no longer exist). But I'm all about a little extra motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment