Monday, June 10, 2013

fan-tas-tic

First of all, I've gotten quite a few questions from readers. In response to all that, I am working on a "FAQ" section for my blog. But to answer a few...

- Yes, I plan on having pictures of me actually doing CrossFit stuff eventually... I just have to work up the guts to ask for someone to take one :p Stuff like that makes me more nervous than a ceiling fan storeowner with a comb-over.

The photoshop design for my wrist
wraps from this super nice lady to match
my new blog design! :p
- Yes, I have bought "CrossFit stuff." At this point, I just don't want to look like a poser, so I don't actually use it! (wow, that sounds lame). But this lady is making me customized wrist wraps with my initials. Pretty legit if you ask me ;) She has a website so I'll be posting that sometime. Buy her stuff!
Oh yeah, I have gotten CrossFit shoes too... Just waiting for the perfect time to bring those bad boys out... Maybe when I get to my first weight loss goal?

- I also surprisingly have been asked what music I work out to. I understand your pain folks, it's hard to find a good workout playlist. My newest one is on a link below. I'm too lazy to write it out. If you don't have Spotify, get it. It's the shit.

Lizzy's CrossFit Playlist
^^ Click that

If you've read this far without quitting on me...
My day was fan-tas-tic. Busy. But awesome. (With the exception of a history paper that I've yet to start)


My favorite trainer ever, Patrick, was at CrossFit Glory today. It was amazing to see him because I'd been trying to track him down so we could train again. Unfortunately, he's no longer in the area. It's funny how much someone can change your life even when they don't know it. In high school, I went through a lot. Some things were my fault while others were just me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Patrick was a great trainer and honestly just a great person to look up to. He provided a safe place in what I see as a not so safe world. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to thank him enough for that. All while it was good and fun to see him, it was also embarrassing. I've gained a lot of weight since I trained with him. But hey, at least I'm trying now...

The WOD was great tonight. I'm comfortable with modifying things now, I honestly don't really give a sh*t what other people think, because I'm working my butt off for me. Okay I take that back, I care a little bit... When the guys were done and just watching us, that was semi-embarrassing.

I can't say enough good things about the people at CF Glory though. Everyone is so encouraging, it's like a little family. There's this guy... uhmm Ryan I think his name is. He is always upbeat and encouraging which honestly is nice to always have someone cheering you on. So props to him for that.

We did do a lot of running tonight, & as I've expressed plenty of times... Running is not my strong suit. (Along with jumping, pullups, situps, kettlebell, etc... jk)
Here's the thing about running... Usually it's my mind stopping me more than my body. Mentally, I tell myself I "can't" do this. I'm also pretty certain Sean's caught on to this too because whenever he see's me walking he come's out & "encouragingly yells" at me. Then I start running & feel stupid because I probably could have ran the whole time :p Silly me...

No comments:

Post a Comment