Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Southern Belle with a Kettle Bell

As most of you know I was born & raised (for half of my life) in Alabama. I may not like grits & sweet tea, but my momma definitely taught me some of the Southern mannerisms. 

Since joining CrossFit, things cross my mind & I often find myself thinking, "My momma wouldn't like that" or "That's not classy at all."

By Planet Fitness standards, we're all lunks.
So here's something you may or may not know about CrossFit... You know those buff guys you label as "obnoxious" at the gym because they drop their huge barbells on the ground & make loud noises? Yeah, that's pretty much all of us at CrossFit. Loll. It probably took me over a week to do that because every time a girl did it, I'd think, "That's so unladylike!" 

The whole "always look your best when you leave your house," kind of goes out the window when every single night I leave CrossFit, get ready at super speed, & try to go out! I'm not even sure the last time I went out in make up... Momma wouldn't like that! Oh & straightening my hair... Yeah, I haven't even had time for that in the last three weeks!

Hey girls, didn't your mother ever tell you "Modest is hottest"? I understand that it get's toasty when you're working out, but goodness gracious I'm not even sure those shorts count as clothing!

I often find my southern girlfriends asking me, "Why do you do CrossFit?" or "Do you really want to get that buff & look like a man?" For the record, no, I don't plan on ever getting buff enough to look like a man!
If you don't want to look like Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, on the left (who is flipping awesome by the way) then don't do CrossFit. The not-so-charming lady on the right is a product of steroids, let's be honest.
That is actually the most frustrating question I get, so I'm not going to address it again. 

Oh here's something else... If you expect to still smell as fresh as your deodorant by the end of the WOD, think again, you'll smell like a dirty sock. 

I can honestly say it's all worth it though. On the bright side, my oh-so-cute headbands & ribbons make me feel like a Southern lady, no matter how loud I am when I drop my weights :)



Goodnight world, stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment