Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gained A Pound... Thoughts & Reflections.

I have no words to describe the way I'm feeling today. It's weigh in Wednesday & I gained a pound this week. I worked so hard & I ate pretty well, so I just don't even understand. As a woman, it's hard not to focus on the scale. I do it, we all do. We want to lose weight & society has taught us to be so fixated on that number. I wouldn't have gotten through the day without the encouraging texts from Doc, Sean, & my dad. If it wasn't for those, I more than likely would have had a mental breakdown at work.


Doc really helped me understand that I need to be more focused on this transition as a lifestyle change. If I embrace the lifestyle, train hard, and eat clean, the weight will take care of itself. That picture on the right is kind of the idea he's getting at. I'll admit that I'm not to that point yet, because lets face it, I really do need to lose weight & that's why I started this whole thing. When I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that number, I was pissed, upset, crushed, heartbroken, because there is nothing worse than feeling like hard work didn't pay off.

Here's something I've been avoiding mentioning but I think it's time to put it out in the open. (No shame). If you're overweight you know exactly what I'm talking about, if you're not this a whole another reason you should stay in shape forever! That is the dreaded "chub rub." If you don't get that, it's when your thighs rub together so much when working out that it gives you a horrendous rash. It hurts like Hell and makes you walk like you just got off a horse. It's been the absolute worse today!!!!

It was a rough start to my day to say the least... But I managed to make it to CrossFit, even though I didn't want to. I arrived at 4:45pm to do the WOD which was as follows:
21-15-9
Burpees
Dumbbell thrusters

It was pretty intense but I stayed after to do some rowing (5555m to be exact). Then Doc & I walked a little over a mile. I'd say I had a pretty successful day. That is one thing I encourage you to do, after a bad weigh in, don't take a day off!

Days like to day really make me realize a few things... What a great support system I have! I have the greatest trainers a girl could ask for & the most supportive dad in the world. Most of all though, I have the most loving God. God has always touched me through music so I find myself listening to Family Life Radio often. When I was seriously contemplating a milkshake from McDonalds, a song came on the radio...

If you don't feel like listening, here are the lyrics that really touched me:

Whatever it is you may be going through
I know He's not gonna let it get the best of you
You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

I think this can apply to all of our lives at some point or another. The power of this song really turned my day around. 

God is my rock in this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment