Thursday, July 11, 2013

Couch Potato Workout

If you know me well in real life, you know of my almost absurd obsession with Big Brother. Being a Big Brother fan is quite a time commitment, considering it's a one hour show, three times a week. (Feel free to laugh at me, everyone does...) With this being said, I find myself sitting in front of the TV almost every night. Just laying around makes me feel so lazy these days, so I came up with my very own Couch Potato Workout.

So I've heard from just about everyone that my workouts are "too intense." Even though that's not true, because you can scale absolutely anything at CrossFit, this is one that anybody can do, no excuses!

An hour long show generally is about 36% commercials (according to TNS Media Intelligence). This comes to about 21:51, crazy right?? So let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say there is 20min of commercials. This gives us time to do about 5 exercises.

So here it goes, my Big Brother commercial workout! (Cardio & Strength edition)

Commercial Break One:
2 minutes push-ups
2 minutes jumping jacks

Commercial Break Two:
2 minutes sit-ups
2 minutes punches

Commercial Break Three:
2 minutes dips (do these with your hands on the edge of the arm chair, with your feet and butt off the chair, knees 90 degrees, dipping until your elbows are behind you)
2 minutes jumping air squats

Commercial Break Four:
2 minutes V-Ups (lay on your back & touch your hands to your feet)
2 minutes Mountain Climbers

Commercial Break Five:
2 minutes scissor kicks (I suck at those)
2 minutes burpees

So that's it! Simple as that & think about all the breaks you get! Well, Big Brother starts at 9pm & so do a ton of other shows, who's with me? (;

No comments:

Post a Comment