Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Week to be PRoud of.

Hey hey hey!

So I know the writing has gotten less & less but that does definitely not mean I'm not every bit as committed to this journey! This week has been fabulous within the CrossFit life & it's definitely been decent on the nutrition side as well. Not to mention I set a PR every. single. night. A PR is a personal record for anyone that doesn't know. That reminds me, my good friend Marilyn asked me to make a CrossFit acronym dictionary. So look for that in the tabs in the next few days.

Anyhow, I set a PR every day this week. So here's what I'm at right now for 1 rep max's.

Back Squat - 220
Front Squat - 210
Deadlift - 250
Overhead Squat - 80

So I'm pretty pleased with how that all went! Even though my front squat form could definitely use some work.

I must say, the last two weeks of workouts have been SO intense. The WOD's have been all kinds of crazy. On Tuesday we did 7 rounds of 7 different things but I had to stop after puking and my heart rate going up way high. Part of the reason is it's hot as hell out right now.

The reason setting PR's is such a great feeling is, I'm really competitive and there are definitely people I admire at CrossFit that are amazing competitors. Amy is one example, that I'm always looking up to and striving to keep up with her (& believe me, it's not easy). && lifting more than some guys, that's definitely kinda cool too.



Tonight I went swimming again & it was really nice to do some exercise that doesn't hurt my knee. I'm still looking to learn how to swim better so I can get even more out of it, so if yall know anyone that gives lessons, fill me in!

That's all I have to say tonight, but tune in this weekend because I have something special in store (;

P.S. All that rowing paid off, I did 500m in 1:54 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment