Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Great Day to Get Started :)


Here's something I've heard a million & one times.... "I'm too out of shape for CrossFit." I have lots of friends trying to get in shape that say CrossFit sounds awesome but they're too scared to start. Believe me, I understand! I remember the day I went in & met Sean for the first time. I was scared shitless. Even calling to find out about CrossFit stressed me out, if I remember correctly I called & hung up 3 times. Haha... but as you can see, it turned out great for me.

I'm going to be straight with you: You will never be ready for CrossFit.

CrossFit is going to knock you on your ass every single day, no matter how long you've been going. Sure, it gets easier, but it will ALWAYS push you to your limits.

The beauty of CrossFit is that if you're coming from a completely sedentary lifestyle or if you just can't do much, the exercises can be scaled down for you. (& it's not embarrassing). If you are awesome at everything, you can increase the reps and weight. Seriously... Anyone can do it. (Even you, dad)

There are so many great things about CrossFit.

The people... they are amazing. The community is probably my favorite part about CrossFit. Whether you finish first or last, you're cheered on & continuously supported. You feel equally as important as the fittest person at the gym.

The coaches... are KICK ASS. I love my trainers. They are all so different but I have learned to benefit from different things from each of them. But they are all equally great. These coaches have made me want to be the best version of myself.

The WODS... Always challenge you to work hard. They get you a little out of your comfort zone. But that is the only way you will get better.

So you there, yes you... I challenge you to get off the couch & start living healthy. Do the things you believe you can't.


My day was pretty fabulous. With the exception of this one girl that drove me completely insane. I've learned that one of my biggest pet peeves is people talking over the coach during a work out. I'm sure I have before... but really, shut up & work.



Other news from my day...

It started off pretty stressful considering for the first time my two jobs conflicted BUT I worked it out so I can still do both! So I couldn't be any happier about that (: I can keep making money & keep buying cute shoes & headbands! Woohoo!



Another thing that made today great, was napping. This girl can nap all day long. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. But today I did... & it was awesome (:

I woke up & decided to go to yoga with my mom. It was amazing. I feel all stretched out and extremely relaxed. It really got me warmed up before CrossFit! We did a tabata workout today which is my favorite. It's 20 seconds on an exercise, 10 seconds off, for 8 rounds. So we did that for squats, push ups, & sit ups.

Also, I did a pull-up! (With a band) But it was a step up from the jumping pull ups. It was scary. I was as nervous as a pig in the bacon factory. I really thought that band was going to break, but it didn't!






1 comment:

  1. You are so encouraging! I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete