Friday, January 31, 2014

5 On Friday - CrossFit Confessional

Hey Hey!!!

So happy to be writing for a second day in a row (: I knocked out sociology today, so I feel like I earned some down time! A.K.A, curling up in a ball & watching "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs"

Something I'm even MORE excited about is linking up with Carolina Charm for another 5 on Friday!!

So today I thought it'd be fun (yet extremely embarrassing) to let you in on a few of my MOST embarrassing CrossFit moments...

ONE.

The very first time I hit a BIG pr on my back squat.... I peed. A LOT. Let me tell you, it. was. awkward. Obviously my body confused which muscles were what, cause that exertion, whoowee... The good news was, I made the lift and hit #215!!! (Which at the time was a super big deal)
The even better news, I know I'm not alone... This video is pretty funny!!!


TWO.

Some time in the summer I was joking around with Sean & Justin. I was running late so the group had taken off for their warm up run... I turned around and started running backwards so I could talk to them, & fell flat. on. my. butt. I was new to CrossFit, so this couldn't have been more embarrassing... I hurt my wrist, but what hurt even more, was my pride!


THREE.

Yoga pants... There was a time that I definitely didn't realize how see through they are. I mean hello?? Has everyone seen my leopard print panties???



FOUR.

It's no secret that I can be a ditz... It was just last week that I unloaded a bar that had 275lbs on it... The smart person would unload the sides evenly, but me? Nope... I unloaded 120lbs off one side first. Which means the other side came crashing down, knocking over the racks, the weights, the rigs, everything.... It was loud, awkward, and so many eyes were on me!


FIVE.

At the CrossFit Christmas party I may have gotten slightly intoxicated (way more than slightly). The last thing I remember is publicly ranting about grandmas and breast reduction... Other than that, it was fun. #partyhard


Ever had anything crazy embarrassing happen to you??

2 comments:

  1. I definitely try to get the thicker yoga pants… or wear black undies! Lol. I'm definitely going to follow your blog for motivation. I just had a baby two months and it's definitely time to get back in shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl Hey! So excited that you'll be following along. Consider CrossFit when getting back into shape! It'll change your life!
      My coach just had a baby. He's a new adorable addition to our gym family :) I can't wait to have my own!!! You have a beautiful family & I can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete