Monday, February 3, 2014

The Box Is A Drama Free Zone

CrossFit is my safe haven.
It's the only place I feel my best.
The only place I feel I am my true self.

When I have a bad day, the barbell is there waiting.
Waiting there for me to lift. To let go of my anger or my sadness.

What's even better, is the family I have waiting.
When I walk through the door I could seriously say, "Honey, I'm home." & that would be the truth.

This is a feeling I want everyone to experience. The CrossFit Community.
The unity you have when completing a tough WOD.
The coaches that really do care about you.

CrossFit is a family and everyone is welcome.
That is what I believe.

But what baffles me is when I hear stories about people tarnishing the community that we have.
When drama becomes the focus, and fitness and family fall behind.

CrossFit is a family (have I said that enough?)
No one person deserves to be there more than another.
CrossFit is an open door to those who want to improve their fitness.

So please, cut the bullshit.
CrossFit is purely about fitness.
Love each other.
Encourage each other.
Invite everyone.




1 comment: