Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Little Things In Life

We live in a time of instant gratification. Everything is literally a click away. This lifestyle even pours over into the CrossFit community. We want results NOW. We want to lose weight now. To snatch more NOW. It's hard to step back and say WOW, I have gotten better....
When I joined CrossFit not too long ago, I had PLENTY of room for improvement. I'd go into the gym each day & get noticeably better. I could almost expect to PR each week & I became addicted to that feeling. By the end of summer I had reached many of my initial goals, everything else was weight dependent. So what now? Keep losing weight... That is really my ONLY goal. But honestly, that's not enough to keep life interesting so lately, I've learned to appreciate the little things.



ONE.
These Auburn shorts that I put in my "Don't wear until you've lost 50 pounds" box. I had been digging through it because even though I've only lost 30 pounds, my figure has changed a lot. AND THEY FIT.


TWO. 
My sweet puppy Lucy who JUST showed me that she can shake. After over a month of trying & trying & trying to teach her, she finally did it! Now she won't stop & when she's in trouble, she just sticks that paw out & my heart melts.



THREE.
Knee high socks... After 6 months of hard work, I can FINALLY wear knee high socks & this may be one of my favorite milestones thus far.


FOUR.
The amazing programming that our head coach Justin does... Seriously though, he comes up with some sick stuff that always manages to push me beyond limits. You can check out some of his programming by clicking below.

CLICK HERE
FIVE.
Rest days.... I could have written a whole blog on this because I used to HATE them. Now on the other hand, they are a significant part of my training. No CrossFit on Tuesdays is a rule for me because recovery, although seemingly small, is a HUGE part of living a healthy lifestyle.



I know it's short & to the point this week, but my challenge for you is to look around in your life and appreciate the little bitty things!!! 
Happy Saturday <3

No comments:

Post a Comment