Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"I'm Feeling So Exotic..."

"I'm feeling so exotic!
I'm hotter than the tropics!"

As I truly experienced Zumba for the first time ever this week, I confirmed what I've always been afraid of... I. Can't. Dance. You'd think that since my mom is a Zumba Gold instructor, I would have inherited a little of her rhythm!

There's really no comparison between CrossFit and Zumba, they are completely different ideas! I can definitely appreciate why people find it appealing though. Women of all ages (and one old man) got together to "shake their thang." It's an inviting atmosphere that makes you feel like no matter what shape or size, you're welcome to be there.

Perhaps for some people, it makes you feel sexy! Latin music just has that effect... Once you learn the dance moves, you do feel, "hotter than the tropics."

That's another thing I'd like to point out... To get a GOOD workout, you probably have to go at least 5 times because if you don't know the songs, you'll spend more time trying to keep up than moving. Not knocking on it, but it definitely takes some time to get "in the groove."

Other than that, I can definitely see why people would benefit from a class that is this uplifting.

For someone that just wants to get moving, it's a great option. Here's a few reasons why:

1. It burns a TON of calories because seriously, it's constant motion.
2. It makes you HAPPY. You can laugh at yourself or feel confident in your body.
3. It's a great stress reliever. (Seriously... Where was this class exam week?)
4. The time goes by FAST.
5. The instructors were great!

Those are just a few reasons why it's a fun, happy go lucky, workout.

Will I be going back?
Probably not... It's really not my kind of thing. Once I got hooked on CrossFit, I have very high expectations for a good workout.

One thing: If you are a Zumba queen (or king) make sure you're incorporating some weights and body toning. It'll make the progress go even faster!

What's up next?
Here's the thing y'all, I realized that "WOD Week" was a little ambitious considering I have school, work, and CrossFit. (And a low budget). So I've modified it to, "WOD-A-WEEK" so stay tuned for next Wednesday to see what this CrossFit girl tries next!


4 comments:

  1. I used to love Zumba until I tried CrossFit! There is just no way I would ever be able to go back and dance around for an hour after falling in love with CrossFit! I applaud you for trying new things! I'm too stuck in my "CrossFit bubble" to branch out. I feel like I would be wasting my time. I love the fact that you are obsessed with CrossFit as much as I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kylie I totally agree. Life in the CrossFit bubble is incomparable. But trying other workouts is fun & shows me how in shape CrossFit has gotten me!!! Love your blog & our mutual CrossFit obsession (:

      Delete
  2. hey girl hey! i found you via your sponsor ad on lip gloss and lunges…glad i did! i've been wanting try zumba for years. those commercials are addictive. i think mostly i just want to look like the girls in those tight outfits…but even more-so i've been wanting to try cross fit, but had to wait until i wasn't prey anymore. well…kaye is over a year, so i don't have an excuse anymore. new reader. glad i found you!

    karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYY. I love love love new readers. This week has been slow, so sorry! You should definitely try CrossFit && Zumba is a fun time. Obviously I'm waaaay bias towards CrossFit but it's an amazing community that welcomes anybody & everybody. I'll have to check out your blog ASAP. Keep in tocuh! <3

      Delete