Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday! CrossFit, School, & Teeth!


[ONE]
Pull-Ups
Doing a pull up is one of my long term CrossFit goals. Honestly, it will take a LONG time before I can get there because it is so so weight dependent. But this week I reached a short term goal. I hung from a pull up bar for FIVE SECONDS. Considering that means I had to hold 320lbs up, I'd say that's quite the accomplishment!

[TWO]
Battle of London.
My friend Amy from Chemical City CrossFit qualified to compete in LONDON, ENGLAND and thats where she will be THIS weekend. She is a beast and I'm so proud of her. Hopefully we'll get her on the blog one day!!!




[THREE]
10K
Well, it's official... "The Weigh" has reached 10,000 views. I can't even begin to explain how much that means to me. I've been overwhelmed with the support y'all give me. I get emails & messages all the time with questions and that makes me so happy! I hope that, "The Weigh" has provided you with motivation and encouragement because we ALL deserve to live a healthy lifestyle!

[FOUR]
Corrections.
I'm taking a corrections class this semester & I absolutely love it! We learn all sorts of crazy stuff. This week we talked about the old Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. This was back when they used solitary confinement for all inmates and when they came in and out of the prison, they would even put bags over their heads that way they never knew who else was there. Also, it prevented them grouping up after they were released. Ha, that would never fly today...


[FIVE]
Toothaches.
Besides the pain, I'm not gonna lie,
I love my teeth, they're gorgeous.
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a cry baby. But forreal y'all, my tooth HURTS. Thank goodness Doc is a dentist and he's got an awesome staff if it comes to that.... But I think I'll avoid that at ALL costs. #dentiststruggs




I hope y'all have an AMAZING weekend! Look for another post soon && maybe something special (:

Linking up with:




3 comments:

  1. No shame in owning up to the feeling ! :) Toothaches really are tough things to settle, much less deal with. It's really bothersome and annoying. Best to just move forward and have the teeth tended to so we wouldn't have to be overtaken by the burden. Great job with your healthy daily routines!

    Ervin @ Alpenglow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re not alone, Elizabeth. Most shiver at the thought when it comes to dentist appointments. The infuriating pain drills up to the nerve endings. But it’s good to hear that it’s the least of your priorities now. Thanks for sharing!

    Silvia Ballard

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got your tooth checked already? Visiting trusted clinics is a good practice whenever an oral dilemma presents itself since a simple toothache may lead to complicated infections if left untreated. Take care!

    Clinton Zelman

    ReplyDelete