Monday, February 16, 2015

ZERO.

Hey everyone,

It is RARE that I post twice a week, much less two days in a row. However, I made a promise to y'all at the beginning of this journey to not only blog the highs, but also the lows.

Yesterday, someone asked me why I always blog about the happy stuff. Like what happens when things are going bad? I responded with a short, "everything has been great!" This morning I was in for a rude awakening...

I stepped on the scale to see a 324 flash in front of me. That'd be fine, but LAST week 324 stood in the same place. Tears filled my eyes and began to roll down my face. All that work for NOTHING. 5 hours a day, 25 hours in the week, working out that amounted to a big fat 0 lost.


Memories of my failures flooded my mind and I began to think of all the times I lost weight to only gain it back later. What if I begin to lose only 2 pounds a week or no weight? Is that worth my money and time? What will happen next week?

So many questions... So many doubts... So so so many tears.

The worst part was that I didn't go off plan. I felt like I did everything right. (With the exception of drinking half a regular gatorade before realizing it wasn't a low calorie one!)

My first instinct after feeling all of these feelings was going straight to bed. I didn't want to work out. The thought of stepping on a treadmill made me want to puke. I wanted to lay in the fetal position and watch Little House on the Prairie all day with a cold glass of milk.

But I didn't. My coaches rallied around me and encouraged me to work out anyway. I had to get it together and keep my eye on the prize. After all, I'm still one pound ahead of the game. Mentally it wasn't a great day for me but I went through the motions and did everything I needed to do.

I don't know what the next 15 weeks hold. Shoot, I don't even know what the next 6 days hold. But I do know one thing, I believe in this program. I know if I keep putting in work, I will come out on top.

"You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life."



-E

No comments:

Post a Comment