Sunday, February 15, 2015

Goals. Goals. Goals.

Hey everyone!

The questions I've been getting lately are:

"What are your goals??"
"Can you really lose THAT much weight while you're there??"
"How do I set a weight loss goal that's ACHIEVABLE??"

Oh boy... I don't even know where to start!

Last month I worked on goal setting with my life coach, Quincy. While I'm here at the program I haven't been too concerned with the numbers as long as I'm losing consistently. On the other hand, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have numbers I wanted to hit...
When I arrived at Live In Fitness, I used 3 key guidelines to setting my goal.

1. My goal had to be REALISTIC.
Last week I lost EIGHT POUNDS, the most I've lost since I've been here. Sure, I'm working out every single day and I'm on a controlled eating plan, but is losing that much every week realistic? HECK NO. There are so many things you have to consider including your body type, diet, and the amount of activity you do each day. Set goals that are attainable and don't set yourself up for failure!

2. You have to set MEASURABLE goals. 
Most of the people that have emailed me say they want to lose weight. My question for them is HOW?? If you don't set specific and measurable goals to get there, you are going to be sitting around a year from now wondering why you didn't hit your goal of "losing weight." Here at Live In Fitness I set the goal of working REALLY hard on Monday, Wednesday, Friday by doing a class every hour offered. On Tuesdays and Thursday, I usually take an hour off to walk on the beach or clear my head. Maybe your goal at home is just to walk an hour every day, play basketball at the center once a week, or to drink a gallon of water every day! If you set small specific goals, I promise you will see success in your overall goals!

The good ole motivational jug :)


3. REWARD yourself.
What fun is weight loss if you don't get presents along the way? If you are successful, TREAT YO SELF. Buy a new outfit every 20 pounds or get a mani pedi every 10. Good things come to those who show their body love!

I know it sounds easy but it can be hard! Keep a journal and document how you do every week. That has really helped me. Another thing that has helped me is telling everyone and keeping this blog. When you have people holding you accountable you will be so much better at following through!



The goal I ended up setting for myself is to lose FIVE pounds a week while I am here at Live In Fitness. My sister gets married on June 6th and my goal is to lose ONE HUNDRED POUNDS by her wedding!

My sweet sister is getting married!
I am reaching these goals by keeping my mind clear and attending life coaching sessions each week.
I am playing sports like water polo and basketball three times a week.
I have signed up for a 5K and am practicing interval running twice a week.
I am taking care of my body by getting massages and icing my knees.

My goals so far have gone great, in 5 weeks I lost 31 pounds which means I'm 6 ahead! Tomorrow I will weigh in again.

I can't wait to hear back about YOUR success and what you are doing to reach your goals!!!

Set your goals high and don't stop till you get there :)

- E

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about the progress thus far.

    Your positive attitude is great and I am sure it is not all sunshine and rainbows going on over there, but it is great to see you putting the focus on YOU!

    Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete