Monday, April 13, 2015

What LIFE Has Done For Me: Self Confidence

Hey friends,

Thanks for the support on my recent 5K race!! I'm going to blog about it eventually, but not today! For now I'll leave you with a picture that sums up the way I felt afterwards! ;)


Today I wanted to talk about something that has been on my mind...
Live In Fitness has done so much for me and has helped me make some major changes in my life. To point out the obvious, I've lost 64lbs and 44 inches. I've now officially run a 5K. I've begun to learn how to face my emotions without eating. Overall, I've just become a happier person. One of the things that has transformed the most during my time here at the weight-loss program is my self confidence.

Growing up, my self confidence was always at risk. With the focus always being on my weight, it was hard to see myself as "beautiful" or "worthy." I'd look around the halls of my high school and I'd see girls obsessed with having skinny arms and a thigh gap. That just wasn't even close to what I looked like. I was an 180lbs tennis player with toned arms and thunder thighs.



Then, at some point, my life came crashing down. I was out of control with my eating and packed weight on quickly. My self confidence continued to plummet. There were points in my life where I was good at pretending but there were also points where I struggled with severe depression.

Then one day, I woke up. I woke up weighing in at 355lbs. I'd been living my life going through the motions and I had to change. So I found Live In Fitness online and I haven't looked back.

Live In Fitness has taught me to not only lose weight, but how to love myself.
2 months ago I would have never been caught dead wearing shorts or tank tops. I covered myself up because I was embarrassed by my body. Now, even though I'm nowhere close to my goal, I feel healthy! I'm proud of the work I've done and I'm proud of my progress.


I know I'm nowhere close to "perfect," but I'm so much closer to being happy. I used to walk into a room and wonder what people thought about me, but I don't ever do that anymore. I'm making my life better and loving myself every day.

"Every positive thought propels you in the right direction."

1 comment:

  1. Nobody will ever be perfect but everyone of us has a chance to be happy. Great motivation Elisabeth! Keep it up!

    “I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.”
    ― Michael J. Fox

    ReplyDelete