Friday, April 10, 2015

Run The Day.

Tomorrow I am running my very first 5K. If you know me well, you know that I'm nervous. In fact, i'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

Sometime late January, while I've been here at Live In Fitness, I decided that I wanted to "be a runner." It was a decision that happened overnight. I remember so clearly doing an interval run/walk with Coach AJ one windy day at the beach. I struggled and cried the whole way, slugging along in what seemed like miles behind the rest of the group. I could hardly even run for 30 seconds straight. Then, it hit me. Like lifting, it only takes practice. If I wanted to be a runner, I could be a runner.


At my favorite running spot in February! 
So I did something impulsive; I signed up for my very first 5K. Keep in mind, at this point I couldn't even run a mile in under 15 minutes. I look back on CrossFit competitions, tennis practices, lacrosse practices, and the thing I always hated about them was running. I remember not even wanting to do a CrossFit competition last year because it had a 300m run in it. (But I did it, reluctantly.) And now in just 14 short hours I will be doing 16x that!!! Crazy.

Anyway, I've been running a few days a week for the last 3 months and I have fallen in love with it. I still can't do it very long, but now I can run 9 minutes straight! Improvement!

I've been so excited for this day and now it's here and I'm nervous beyond belief! It feels like every muscle in my left leg is cramped, but that's okay. I'm going to treat tomorrow like any other workout and just get it done to the best of my ability. Not sure how I'll do, but fingers crossed speed, strength, & energy are on my side.

So thankful and blessed to have these girls there to support me tomorrow!




I totally wouldn't mind encouraging thoughts if you have them to spare :)

Wish me luck friends, see ya in 3.2 miles.

- E




No comments:

Post a Comment