Saturday, September 7, 2013

Is CrossFit Too Expensive?

Happy Saturday Y'all!

I'm going to keep this short & sweet.

The other day I was bragging to my co-workers about how awesome CrossFit is. They both workout a lot so we all talk about our training & what we did that morning or week. The more and more I've talked about it, the more it's sparked an interest. But the question that always turns people off is, how much it costs to be part of a box. Let me tell you, it's expensive.

But in my opinion, it's worth every single penny. I have not once felt like I was being ripped off. When I was a member of different franchise gyms, I never understood why I was paying so much to go use a stupid machine. The workers weren't engaged in what I was doing, nobody was helping me, and frankly it was just never worth my time. There are tons of contracts that are impossible to get out of.

CrossFit is totally different, yall.

I obviously don't look forward to paying $100 a month for CrossFit but I have never ever seen it as a burden. The time and effort that the Smith's put into CrossFit Glory is insane and they've done a fantastic job. I haven't visited any other boxes, but I know my CrossFit friends across the country would say the same.


It's a community. The best part is, it's a family that holds you to your decision to do your best. We all want to see each other succeed and we know what it takes to get there.


CrossFit is a full blown commitment, and if you don't take advantage of coming the majority of the week, you're not going to see the results you want.



Money aside, CrossFit has helped me...
- Lose 27 pounds.
- Be able to jump rope.
- Run a mile.
- Build confidence.
- Meet awesome people.

So to those considering CrossFit... CrossFit is only worth the money if you're motivated. On the other hand, keep in mind that CrossFit isn't actually for everyone. Sure, anyone can do it, but if you don't enjoy it, the price is too high. My reccomendation is to come a couple weeks to the free classes.

At CrossFit Glory we have them every Saturday at 10AM. (For my Alabama readers, CrossFit 2L2Q has a free class every Saturday at 9AM). To everyone else, google it... I'm sure you'll find one (:

Hope to hear about some of yall's new CrossFit adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment