Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bigger Than Myself

I was driving home from class tonight & started thinking about my CrossFit journey. How it started, how far I've come, & where I see it going. The funny thing is I never expected it to be this much a part of my life. I'm not even sure I expected myself to last this long, doing something at such at high intensity every single day. (Even at 5AM). Lifting crazy amount of weights, running a whole mile, and just being a part of something.


Sometimes I have a hard time seeing the changes, but even though I'm just shy of 30 pounds lost, I have made so many gains. Gains in muscle, strength, confidence, endurance...


In my opinion, I've done super well, but there's still days that I really want to eat off plan. Days that I feel like it'd be okay to let myself down. But recently, this whole CrossFit thing, has become way bigger than just for me. When I think about eating junk food, I think about my trainers and all the hard work they've put into my program. I think about the support I have at CrossFit Glory and how they want the best for me. I think about all the overweight girls that have contacted me that are too scared to try CrossFit. I am reminded on occasion that even when I don't believe it, I am someones inspiration. I think about how it'd let all of them down and that's the last thing I want.





Just as an update, CrossFit has been fantastic this week. My mobility is getting better, I can do running, and it's been the most fun I've had since I started. I LOVE CROSSFIT. I am so thankful that I have people pushing me to go beyond my limitations. Even if my perfect isn't as good as someone elses, I know I'm giving it my all and couldn't do it without everyone. So here's to all of you, thanks for being my motivation!

2 comments:

  1. You're the one doing the work Lizzy so a majority of your success is right there in the mirror. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Girl! You are an inspiration. I was going to take today off, but decided I had better head to CFG and give it my best after reading your comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete