Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Little R&R

Howdy everybody! Long time no  see  write...

I hope everyone had an amazing summer... I can't believe it's already over! That's the funny thing about being a working adult... What's summer?

When I realized it had actually come & gone...



Anyway, after not having gone away since March... It was great to get back to the south land. Oh, how I'd missed Alabama. I'd also missed my brother & sister because we don't get together even close to enough!


It was a GREAT trip, the weather was beautiful. Even though it rained the first night...


&& the second day it was SO SUNNY that I got a serious reverse farmers  tan  burn...


Regardless of the burn, I had SOOO much fun on the boat with my family. (Let me just point out that me on a boat AND swimming, is MAJOR) If it wasn't for Sean & swim lessons, I probably would have drowned)


&& at the Auburn game..


It was EXACTLY what I needed. As for CrossFit, I was feeling pretty drained after 2 months of hard work. I was slowing down & not seeing as much progress as I'd liked. But after having a mini vacation, I feel wonderful. Since I got back this week, I PR'd on my front squat (215lbs) & my deadlift (260lbs). MORE IMPORTANTLY, my jump roping has gotten so so so so much better, I couldn't be happier. It's just proof that practice does make perfect!

Something that people have been telling me all along though is... TAKE A REST DAY. I really think the rest I got helped my body get back to full recovery :) Taking days off is still going to be totally hard for me though..


Also something I realized is... How much I LOVE LOVE LOVE CrossFit. 4 days without it, were seriously unbearable.

P.S. If you read this far, airplane seat belts totally fit now, with extra room to spare!!! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment