Sunday, August 4, 2013

20 pounds, 20 questions

Hey folks,

Yesterday was a pretty big milestone for me, 20 pounds down. Even though I have many more to go, people have started noticing that whatever I'm doing is working for me. Losing weight is such a big deal in America today. Tons of people could lose a few pounds, if not more. In passing people will often talk like they need to lose weight, some serious, some not, and some just lack the time and commitment to do anything about it.

They say it takes 4 weeks to notice your body changing, 
8 weeks for your friends and family to notice.
12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.

It's funny because some days I notice more than others.. but lots of other people are noticing which is really encouraging :)

Since everything is going so well for me, I've gotten plenty of questions about just everything to do with weight & weight loss.

Yesterday, I got TAGGED by another blogger. I figured it was a good time to do it since I've had so many new readers lately. So here it goes... 20 Questions weight loss style. 

1. When did you start gaining weight?
I've always been overweight, a least a little bit. It really started increasing when I quit tennis at age 16. I didn't become MORBIDLY OBESE until I was 18 I think. 

2. What's your heaviest weight?
359 POUNDS and that's heart breaking... I remember when I was 190 and said I'd never reach 200. The day I was 298 and said I'd never get to 300. The day I was at 330 "for the last time." It's scary to think I weighed 352 only 2 months ago...

3. How many diets have you tried and what did you think about them?
Weight Watchers 
Medifast 
Wellspring 
Weight Watchers

None of them worked for me, but that's because I didn't try hard enough.

4. Is your goal a number on the scale or a clothing size?
Neither, I'm working out until I feel happy and forever after that! I'm not too concerned with the scale. Can't wait to buy cute clothes though! The scale is just a number, it doesn't determine how healthy you are. There are so many other factors like my bloodwork, body fat percent, etc. I just want to look fit. 

5. What WAS your favorite food?
Mac N Cheese & Buffalo Wild Wings

6. What's your favorite food now?
Cottage Cheese & Asparagus. Yes, together!

7. What food would you never give up?
Lucky Charms. No joke!

8. How do you reward your accomplishments?
I buy myself awesome things every ten pounds. Hey, whatever works...

9. What are you going to do at your goal weight?
First, I'll cry. Then I'll do a cartwheel & some handstands. I am going to be healthy and fit forever. I hope to help overweight teenage girls get their weight off young! I think it'd be cool to be some sort of trainer, but who knows... I want to go on a HUGE shopping spree & audition for Big Brother.

10. What's your favorite thing about your appearance?
Probably my eyes and hair. Good genes!

11. What part about your body are you most self concious about?
Probably flabby arms. It's hard to wear cute shirts with those! But they're getting better (:

12. Describe a time when being unhealthy ashamed you...
When I had to ask for a seat belt extender on an airplane. Worst feeling ever.



13. What numbers are you looking for on the scale?
Getting below 200.

15. What are your non-scale goals?
Getting out of plus sizes. Being able to run a 5K. Being able to overhead squat 150lbs. Being able to do pull-ups.

16. Would you ever consider bariatric surgery?
Yes, I have considered it. I really want to lose weight the RIGHT way. My biggest fear is getting a knee injury and resorting to surgery.

17. What makes losing weight hard for you?
I love to eat. I love flavors. I'm an emotional eater. When something goes wrong, McDonalds is my best friend. I've replaced McDonalds with cottage cheese.

18. What training style do you like?
I like trainers that push me as hard as possible and don't let me give up. I also like trainers that can recognize when I need to stop and let me know it's okay to take a break.

19. What diet plan are you currently following?
Brace yourself, for the last 2 weeks I've ate 3 protein bars a day. A small piece of meat for dinner and one serving of vegetables. I eat one Weight Watchers Popsicle before bed. That's it and it's about 1200 calories. 

20. What's your favorite exercise?
Uhmm anything CrossFit related.
Thrusters, sit-ups, and rowing are my fav!


If you read all of these, hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for Misconceptions of CrossFit


1 comment:

  1. I love this post Lizzie! Thank you for sharing. I'm down 20lbs also right now, and feel great! My snack food has gotten replaced with yogurts, apple sauce, and pop corn. :)

    ReplyDelete