Friday, May 1, 2015

Moving Weight

Hey Yall!

Whenever I’m having trouble coming up with topics to write about, my brain automatically switches to… “Talk about something you’re passionate about.” For the most part, that narrows my subjects down to Jesus, football and weightlifting. Today, I think I’ll go with weightlifting.

As most of you all know, weightlifting was a HUGE part of my life prior to Live In Fitness™. I fell in love with barbells and heavy weights about two years ago when I stepped into CrossFit Glory. Since then, it’s been an amazing journey that landed me at the University National Championships in Albuquerque, a small stepping stone with the potential to do even more.


Then a switch flipped in my head — I had to seriously lose weight, and I had to do it NOW. So just like that, weightlifting was forced to the back of my mind.

The discipline from my time spent under the bar has really helped me here at Live in Fitness™. In weightlifting we spend more time doing accessory work than actually seeing results and hitting personal records. Here, we have to put in work all week long, physically, mentally, and with our nutrition, and that’s what creates results.

Some days I miss lifting more than others. My Instagram page is still full of badass lifters that I follow on a daily basis. Some days I find myself perusing through qualifying totals and upcoming meets and other days the thought of competing doesn't even cross my mind. Right now, I know I’m exactly where I need to be.


 But here comes the question that everyone is asking me: “Is lifting a part of my past or future?”

The honest to God answer is… I have absolutely no idea.

My coach Nick has been awesome enough to incorporate a little lifting into my weekly schedule for about an hour and a half on Thursday mornings. Compared to what I used to do, that's nothing, but he knows as well as I do, that lifting is my safe haven. It rejuvenates me and makes me feel like I can do anything. It empowers me to be strong and brave throughout whatever journey I’m on.



But for now, my focus is on losing weight, not lifting it. All I know is, whether I’m stepping on the platform or the scale, anything is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment