Monday, June 1, 2015

Never Too Old!

Hey everyone!

I’m happy to be back in Hilton Head, grinding out workouts day in and day out. I’m recovered, rested, and ready to go!

Naturally, when Sunday came around, I hit the ground running. I usually take it easy on Sundays, but this week, I decided to do Beach Bootcamp with Kelly.

I’m happy I went. We did a partner workout consisting of 16 stations. While one partner was working, the other person was running.

Every time it was my turn to run, I passed by a group of older (50-60s) ladies, all overweight. One stopped me and told me how much she admired all of my hard work, and the conversation went from there. Each time I’d pass her by, she would ask me another question… My name, where I’m from, how much weight I’d lost, how old I am, etc.

She was amazed that there was a program that enabled me to lose 80 pounds in so little time, but immediately downplayed it, attributing a lot of my success to my youth.

No joke, I stopped in my tracks. I explained that yes, I’m blessed to be so young and able to work out as hard as I do. I’m glad that I’m conquering this at 23 and not at 53.

But I also explained that, week after week, I watch masters (40+) come to the program and reach their goals. They work hard, and I admire them so much. There are far more older adults than there are young people at Live In Fitness™, and people here come in all different sizes, shapes…and all have different kinds of goals.


One of my first roommates, Laura G., was 70 and her goal was to be able to walk up stairs! By the time she left, she could! She was getting around so much better.


For the first two months of my stay, one of my best Live in Fitness™ friends, John (42), lost 68 pounds in only 8 weeks. Although he was older, he kept up with us “young folks” and got the results he wanted.


Yesterday my friend Laura Ross left, and she saw amazing results! At 57, she stayed at Live In Fitness™ for almost 4 months and lost 65 pounds. What’s even crazier is that she went from a size 28 to a size 16.


This week, we celebrated Bob (69), who is a grandfather! When he got here 2 weeks ago, he couldn't walk 30 seconds on the treadmill. Yesterday he walked 2 miles.

As you can see, all sorts of people come to Live In Fitness™ with different fitness goals but with one common goal: to live a healthier, fitter and happier lifestyle.


And all of us, young and old, are reaching those goals every single day!



"You're never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream."


No comments:

Post a Comment