Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I’m Not at Live in Fitness™, But They’re Home with Me

Hey y’all,

Last week I mentioned taking a short vacation to give my body rest and recovery time. I was excited to get a break but was also scared to experience life in the real world, on my own, away from the accountability. The truth is, I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

What would it be like driving past fast food restaurants every day?
What would it be like preparing food for myself?
Where would I workout?
What would I do without Nick & AJ keeping me motivated?



Well, I am happy to report that I have survived the first four days. I’d be lying if I said it hasn't been hard.

In true Lizzy Cargile procrastination fashion, I wasn't able to get a food scale to bring home with me because I waited till the last day, and they were sold out! Oops…

But I’ve made do, it just takes me a LONG time to prepare each meal. I have to sit down about 30 minutes before and go through the nutrition labels, measuring everything out, adding it up to get my meals to equal 25g of carbs and 25g of protein. Let me tell you, it’s not easy, but it’s totally worth it! I have made everything: fish, chicken, quinoa, fresh veggies...even desserts and snacks. I have made things that I wouldn't have even thought of eating before I went to Live in Fitness™.


I wish I could say that fast food is no longer a temptation, but that wouldn't be true. It is still extremely hard to have the freedom to eat foods I know I shouldn’t, even knowing how bad they are for my body.

Case in point, a while back I screwed up and had McDonalds. After, this is what I wrote in my journal:

“Today I ate fast food. I’m laying here in bed. I feel like I’m going to puke. I feel awful and it wasn't worth it. It definitely wasn't worth the calories of TWO burpee nation classes. The flavor didn't last and the stomach ache has lasted so much longer.”

When I am tempted to eat fast food, I look back on this entry and try to reason with myself that it’s NOT worth it. It reminds me of something I learned at Live in Fitness™: I am stronger than my desire for food.

As for working out goes, that’s the easy part. I have talked to at least one of my coaches every day since I left, and their continued support, even away from the program, means the world to me.

Every day I have gone for a run and it feels amazing to find pleasure in something I used to not be able to do. It’s very freeing, especially on our beautiful farm.


All in all, my stay at Live in Fitness™ helped me have the confidence that I can be home and stay on a healthy path. It’s not easy and it never will be, but it is 100% possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment