Friday, November 29, 2013

Body Challenge - Week 1

Hey yall! Happy Thanksgiving! I have had a crazy week. From working 50+ hours to celebrating turkey day with my family, I've had no time to write. Even worse than that, I've had no time to workout! Taking the time off did give my knee a good break & celebrating Thanksgiving always gives me time to reflect on what I'm thankful for. So before I tell you on the awesome progress I've made this week, let me share some of the things I am SO grateful for.

1. I'm thankful for my momma because even though I'm a major pain sometimes.... She's still always there to listen when I need to talk!



2. I'm thankful for my CrossFit family. There's a MILLION reasons why.


3. I'm thankful for Auburn Football. Win or lose, it's ALWAYS great to be an Auburn Tiger.


4. I'm thankful for my coach Dan. If we hadn't started training back in March, I'd be in a totally different place. Probably would have had bariatric surgery and I would have never ever found CrossFit.



5. I'm thankful for my puppy Lucy. She brings me joy :)


6. Lastly, I'm thankful for smoothies... I could live off them things!


So that's that! On to some new news, I decided to do the Seung-Ni Body Challenge which is 4 weeks long. So far, I've lost almost 10 pounds & it's only been a week! Seung-Ni was pretty intimidating at first (& still is). It's even scarier to me than CrossFit was. Mostly because it's basically ALL cardio which is what I'm bad at. Doing the Body Challenge is really making me focus on what I'm eating. Having to weigh in weekly, be accountable to a team & to myself, it's just the perfect kind of pressure.

So basically this week, I've eaten under 800 calories every day (other than Thanksgiving). That's a tough thing to do! (That is not the diet recommended by the challenge, more on the actual Challenge guidelines next week). But I'm excited to see what the rest of this challenge brings.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment