Friday, October 11, 2013

2 Packs & A Pill

Hey strangers! It's been awhile, I know. I've been totally bombed with anatomy, studying for my upcoming bone practical, getting ready for my precious puppy, & just being plain lazy. It's no excuse not to write, but I've been pretty discouraged lately as well.

CrossFit is amazing and it always will be. I'm still every bit as obsessed as when I started but I'm in a lot more pain. My knee might just need a break, but I continue to push through every workout that follows with fountains of tears. Often I forget that I can't push as hard as others, not because I don't want to but because I am still over 300 pounds. I feel like I'm hurt a lot, but the intensity of CrossFit is just so much on my joints. I refuse to let it get me down, but y'all, it's hard.



I've gained weight, not due to lack of exercise, but lack of discipline when it comes to my eating plan. I'm embarrassed to share that with you, but sometimes it's just necessary to let it out and be completely honest. Fast food is my downfall. I'm continuously driving from here to there and back again, that I swear I probably pass McDonalds 17 times a day & it's always calling my name. It's funny how people call me a beast, and now I work out a TON, but it's true, if you don't eat right nothing will change. I can't tell you how frustrating that is.

So I'm writing this with two ice packs on my knees, a gut full of Ibuprofen, and a mind full of frustration but I'm also writing this with an absolute resolve that I will change. Stay tuned for positive results.


1 comment:

  1. Lizzy .. keep your spirits up , you have a lot of people rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete