Monday, June 15, 2015

OMG Collarbones!

Weeks ago, losing weight at Live In Fitness seemed easy. I stuck to the routine, ate the food as scheduled, and did all the workouts. It was (and is) that simple. Funny, because people think that there's a secret to weight loss, but here, it's no secret - it's science. It's the most amazing thing; I do what they tell me to do, eat what they tell me to eat, and the pounds disappear.



But after 23 weeks of following the program, I was starting to feel a little discouraged... not because I wasn't losing weight, but because I wasn't losing it as fast. It wasn't because the program stopped working, or even that I stopped working, it's just that the lighter and in better shape I got, the pounds just didn't melt away quite as fast.

I needed a little boost... a little milestone to get excited about, and this week I got it. It wasn't a number on a scale or a compliment or anything like that. It was better.

I got out of bed, looked in the mirror, and saw something I've dreamed of seeing since I was sixteen: my collarbones. I'm sure there are some of you who can completely relate, and others who think that's pretty simple, even insignificant milestone, but to me it was huge.



I remember about a month into my program, I looked at Coach Nick and told him that the day I saw my collarbones, was the day I would go home because that's how exciting it would be. I'm definitely excited, but I'm not going home. I'm excited that I can see my collarbones, but I'm also excited to reach all my other body goals before I leave.

The collarbone sighting was a great reminder that my goals aren't just numbers on the scale, but the changes I see and feel in my body... and knowing that, with every positive thing I do, I'm moving in a positive direction. I may not be the skinniest I've ever been, but I look the healthiest.


1 comment:

  1. Good job on weight loss, but I dont see even a hint of a collarbone lol

    ReplyDelete