Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Losing Weight & Gaining Friends

There are many things I love about Live In Fitness; the results, the coaches, but most of all, the people.

Every week has me building new relationships with people, young and old, from all over the world. Our group is ever changing as people come and go, but there’s one person who has been there for me from the beginning. His name is Anaahat.

I didn't know much about this 19 year old genius from Canada, but I knew we would become good friends. One week into our stay, I was showing off my super strength by lifting a log at beach boot camp. He didn't waste any time giving me a little friendly competition and trying to show me up!



Through these friendly competitions, he became one of my favorite people at Live In Fitness. We bet and compete on everything. From weigh ins, to work out times, to silly random things, it keeps me motivated.

But as fun and helpful as it is to see who can best whom, Anaahat is much more than an opponent who pushes me. He’s a true friend who offers support. If you know me, or if you read my first few months of blog posts, you know that I was an emotional wreck who wanted to eat her feelings away but knew that I had to stay on my program if I wanted to succeed. Anaahat made it a lot easier.

Things have gotten better and easier, and the pounds are disappearing for both of us (Anaahat’s lost almost 90 lbs.!), but it still helps to have someone I can count on for extra encouragement when I’m having a rough workout…or someone I can text who will remind me that a fast-food bender is a bad idea…or someone who won’t hold back when I need to be reminded that I’m slacking off.


Sometimes I don’t like being reminded of these things, but I love the fact that I have a new friend and accountability partner. I also love that there are others here, like Anaahat, that have felt the way I feel, that face the same struggles and are achieving the same goals. And I also love all of the coaches and staff at Live in Fitness™ who have given me a great program and the support to follow through with it.


That’s a lot of love…and a lot fewer pounds.


1 comment: