Thursday, March 5, 2015

What Motivates You?

Yesterday I was ranting to one of my coaches, feeling frustrated that some people didn't seem like they wanted to be here. Some days, I feel dragged down with negativity and in an environment like this, with so many people, it's easy to get caught up in other people's annoyances.

It's frustrating because I want every part of this experience and process so bad. Sure, it has it's ups and downs but I know where I want to go and how to get there. This program works and I see the proof every single day.

When someone wants to take a whole day off or go out and cheat on the meal plan, I am always so thrown off guard. Questions begin to roll through my mind:

Why are you here?
Why pay all this money to not stay on program?
Do you really want this?

But the more I think about it, I know the answer. Of course they want it. We all want to lose weight. (Except my coach, Nick, who was complaining about losing weight today. Haha! If only that were my life.) Anyway, like I said, we ALL want to lose weight. But is wanting it enough?

Obviously the answer is NO!

You have to work for it. You have to wake up every single morning and make the decision that you want to live a healthy lifestyle. And that is a hard thing to do day after day.



One of my coaches always says, "Remember why you're here!" and it drives me insane. He always says it when I'm slacking off or debating actually doing something fun. Haha! But he's so right. Every day when I want to press snooze instead of going to the gym, I think about it. "Why am I here?"

I'm here because I want to lose weight.
I'm here because I want to play with my future nieces, nephews, and children of my own.
I'm here for my family, so my mother doesn't have to worry about my health.
I'm here so I can enjoy riding roller coasters again one day.
I'm here so I can live life to its' full potential.

These are things I remind myself of every day. They are what motivate me.


A few days ago, I got an email from a girl I don't really know. She told me that my blog was so inspiring and that she wanted to lose weight. She also told me that she's never actually seen anyone be successful at it. That everyone she knows that's lost weight, has gained it back. That made me sad. But it's true. So often we fall back into those old bad habits. So that also motivates me. I want to be the person that does it. The girl that loses over 100 pounds and can keep it off.

Another thing that motivates me is the other people here at Live In Fitness. My friends and I joke about all the pictures of skinny people working out on the walls of the gym. They don't motivate me.

It's the 70 year old woman next to me that just wants to walk better.
It's the 450lbs man that's in it to change his life.
It's the husband and wife making a decision to lose weight together.
It's the people that leave behind their families for a few weeks to dedicate themselves to their health.
It's the woman that does her first sit up.
It's the shy kid that was bullied for their weight, and is making a positive change and coming out of their shell.

Those are the people that motivate me. They are what keep me going every single day.

I know it's hard. I know we wish for so many things. And you can make those things happen. Stop saying "I wish," and start saying, "I will."

Find what motivates you.
Chase that dream.
Live your life.
With no regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment