Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Days at Live In Fitness!

Hey y'all!

Everyone has been texting and emailing, asking what this place is all about. So after almost three weeks here at Live In Fitness in Hilton Head, I figure it's time to give you the low down!




Here's a typical day:

I wake up around 7:30AM, crawl out of bed, and head out the door on my trusty steed. AKA my bike.

The Live In Fitness studio is about a mile away, so it's not too bad. As long as it's not too cold!

We get there, and eat a yummy breakfast. I'll post about the nutrition plan later!

Around 9AM we meet with our teams' coach. My coach is Nick, he's late 20s, and a CrossFit beast! He actually just made one of the minor Grid League teams, the Charleston Marauders! 

After that we have a stretching class and then head out for a day.

I usually do a sports class once a day. So that's two hours of either water polo or basketball. Word on the street is we get to play flag football soon! The sports classes are fun and a great workout.




I try to do two big cardio, calorie burners, every day. My favorite ones are "Know your zones" and "Burpee Nation." We wear heart rate monitors, so in Know Your Zones, we work out until we get our heart rate in zones 2 and 3. We do lots of interval work on the machines. The elliptical is my nemesis, but it is great on my knees! Burpee nation is fun because it brings out my love for CrossFit!



For my last hour of workouts, I like to do something casual. Like yoga, a stability class, or a bike ride on the beach.




I think the key to spending four months here, injury free, is to pace myself. So that means working hard, but also working smart!

As for the food, it is AMAZING. Everyday we have breakfast (8AM), lunch (11:30AM), snack (3PM), dinner (5:30PM), and snack (8:30PM). My entire day of food equals about 1600 calories! Chef is awesome and he makes amazing meals for us. 




I bike home after dinner and work on my school work. It's a handful but I always find time to relax by the fire! 

In bed by 11PM and then do it all over again!
Thankfully Saturday is a rest day!!!! :)

Thanks for reading. 
Keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lizzy,
    I am just curious if you feel hungry with the diet of only 1600 calories? I am cutting weight for my strongwoman comp and 1600 is about as low as I want to go with my training schedule (and I am just trying to get down to 160!). I am sticking with very simple and repetitive meals to make it easier to track so maybe if I had more variety like you do it would be easier, but I'm just wondering how you are doing in regards to appetite/hunger?

    ReplyDelete