Thursday, January 15, 2015

I RODE A BIKE

Hey everyone!

First and foremost I just want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support of my last post about my decision to come to Hilton Head. Yall's messages were seriously heartwarming and help me get through each day!
I decided to write today because I did something on my "Live In Fitness - bucket list." I RODE A BIKE! Well, actually I've been riding it in short for about a week now. But TODAY, I went on a group bike ride on the beach. This is something I haven't done in about 6 years, since before I gained all my weight.




I was SOOO nervous! First because pedaling that long is HARD! Much less on the sand! But despite my worries, the sand, and the freezing cold, I got it done. The first thing my friends asked me was, How did it feel?!
And besides the feeling of my butt falling asleep, I FELT FREE.
Free to live life and get places fast. Free to rely on my own body. Free to live without a car! (At least for a little while!)



This experience also gave me a glimmer of hope. Hope that in the future I can do even more on my list!

Live free everyone! Thanks for sharing my journey :)


1 comment:

  1. Liz. You're awesome and should consider yourself am inspiration to a hell of a lot of people. We're all cheering for you back home.

    P.S. I miss my lifting buddy.

    ReplyDelete