Thursday, May 23, 2013

Changing My Diet.

Tonight Doc & I went grocery shopping instead of training (because my ankle STILL hurts!) But this little field trip was completely necessary. I have done so many different diets that I wasn't even sure what I was allowed to have. So as I followed "the expert" around the produce section like a lost puppy, I realized how many fruits & vegetables I haven't even tried. Looks like I have some new things to taste! Being a habitual muncher, I was glad to hear that fruits & vegetables are unlimited.

Something cool that I learned was to shop only around the edges of the store. So I tried to keep my "Fat Lizzy" mind from wandering down the aisles with mac n cheese & pop-tarts. Man, am I going to miss those! Thankfully I found some things that I DO love, like carrots. I could eat so many carrots I'd turn orange!

So we bought some organic beef. Which my dad & I cooked for dinner and it was so good! I'd definitely recommend it. I also got some wild caught cod, really excited to try that tomorrow!

At this point, I haven't quite worked my diet out.. So for the mean time, it's fruits, vegetables, & lean protein for me! Let's see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment