Monday, June 9, 2014

Update: CrossFit & Change of Summer Plans


I know it’s been awhile since my last blog post, but I appreciate all the encouragement and that you guys actually noticed I’d quit writing awhile! Seriously, yall are some of the best readers!

After my back injury, I spent some time reevaluating where CrossFit was going for me, and why I wasn’t loving it anymore. It’s extremely eye opening when something you have put 110% into falls to the back burner. I realized that it wasn’t that I did not love the sport, but the atmosphere I was working in. I had gotten caught up in things that were going on, and not focusing on CrossFit itself.
While I will always love my Chemical City family, I have recently picked up a membership at Survival Fitness (closer to my school) to put in some extra hours and take my personal fitness to the next level. I chose Survival Fitness for a few reasons; I’ve heard nothing but good things about Matt’s (head trainer) programming, they have a barbell club, and they always kick our ass in competition. Hell, they must be doing something right.

The Survival Fitness community has been nothing but warm and welcoming. We’ve had a lot of fun and done  some really tough workouts. I’ve also learned a few new moves like floor press and kettleball drags.
Just to be clear (because I know you guys and your questions), I still have a membership at Chemical City as well. I’m just doing my own thing and seeing where it goes (:

More in big news…
Many of you know that I accepted an internship back in March to work at a camp in San Diego this summer. For the past month it had been weighing on my mind, and yesterday I officially turned it down. I did this for a number of reason, but for the most part, just decided it wasn’t the right time in my life.

I have nothing but love and positive memories from my time at Wellspring, most of you know that I was very successful there. It would have been an amazing experience helping kids reach that same success, but I still have a lot of work to do on myself.

Where does that leave me for the summer?
I’ll be here in Michigan working on my personal weight loss. I will be taking a class at Delta, probably an easy fine arts requirement. I am looking around for jobs, but if I can’t find a new one, I’ll be back at HoneyBaked in July. I’ve applied to 12 colleges around the country, and hopefully someone will let me in ;) Also, I’m going to the CrossFit level one certification this weekend, so say a little prayer for that!

While staying home is bittersweet, I’m so excited for what this summer has to offer!

I know this post was super informative and offered hardly any motivation, but I had some questions to address! I hope all of you are still on track to your own personal goals, and I’ll be writing more this summer! Remember, all it takes is all you’ve got!

-E

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! I found your blog through the Michigan Barbell Classic FB page and spent the next 3 evenings reading back through every post!
    I just started CF at CF734 and am going to do the BB Classic 2 in October. Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading about your progress and I hope your back is doing better! Maybe I will meet you at a competition someday! Take care,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete